At GUS, a student could know absolutely everything there is to know about a subject and it still wouldn’t be enough.
The Parents’ Association of the Glen Urquhart School is an organization of parent volunteers dedicated to fostering communication between and support for the administration, faculty, students and parents. It serves as a means for parents to actively participate in their children’s education through coordinated efforts that enhance the educational program..
At Glen Urquhart, parents are our partners in the education of students. Every day, parents are involved in a number of ways. For example, parents are
- Volunteers in the classroom and library,
- Chaperones on class trips,
- Members of the Parents’ Association, working on committees for events,
- Experts on various topics giving presentations to classes or the whole school,
- Production aides, working on costumes, helping run lights and sound for school performances.
A very active Parents’ Association raises funds to support the financial aid budget and teacher directed projects, works with volunteers to support the faculty and classroom projects, and organizes social events to help foster a sense of community among school families. Each homeroom has two room parents who also serve as representatives to the PA Executive Committee. Teachers work with room parents to organize support for field trips, class parties, and other activities. There is generally one Parents' Association meeting a month during the school year, and all parents are encouraged to attend them.