We believe in and work to foster an authentic partnership between home and school in order to best serve our students.
Consistent communication and shared strategy are key elements to making this partnership work well. In addition, we feel that a good school is as valuable to parents and caregivers as it is to students. To that end, we offer consistent opportunities for parent education and collaboration, and we welcome parent involvement in a variety of volunteer capacities.
At the end of the day, it is the overall comfort level and “fit” of a school that matters most. If you can imagine your child being happy and well-served in a particular environment, and if that environment feels right on an intuitive level, it is generally a very good indicator of the right choice. School Year 2019-20 Admission Deadlines are Rolling.
Our application process differs slightly depending on the grade for which you're applying. Choose a grade, Pre-K to grade eight, below and follow the numbered steps for the entire process.
1. Parent/Guardian Visit
Classroom and campus tours and parent/guardian interviews are vital in helping us learn about your child and your family, and enable us to understand your goals for your child’s education.
2. Submit Application
Glen Urquhart School will now accept the Standard Application Online (SAO). Alternatively, you can submit the GUS Application through the “Apply” section of our website. If you would prefer to use a paper application please contact Kristie Gonzalez at email@example.com or call 1-978-927-1064 ext. 115.
3. Student Evaluation & Records
Complete the student evaluation and school records request.
4. Grade-Specific Final Step
- Pre-K: Come for a tour with your early learner and meet with the Director of Preschool, Emily Rabinowitz-Buchanan. Children currently enrolled in the GUS Pre-K and wishing to move onto kindergarten must apply for admission. Learn more about the GUS Pre-K program.
- Kindegarten & Grade 1: Candidates for kindergarten should be five by September 1 of the year he/she will enroll. Kindergarten and First Grade applicants attend a fun one to two hour assessment and playgroup. The on-campus screening includes subsets on speech and articulation, fine and gross motor control, and cognitive work with numbers and letters. While the playgroup meets, parents will chat with the head of school, director of lower school, and admission director. Specific registration times and details will be sent to you once your application is received.
- Grades 2-4: Schedule Class Visit: Candidates in grades 2-4 spend a school day (8:15 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.) visiting classes with a GUS host "buddy" and their peers. During this time candidates will also participate in a short math, reading, and writing evaluation. To schedule your class visit, please email Kristie Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-978-927-1064 ext. 115.
- Grades 5-8: Schedule Class Visit: Candidates in grades 5-8 spend a school day (8:15 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.) visiting classes with a GUS host "buddy" and their peers. During this time candidates will also participate in a short math, reading, and writing evaluation. To schedule your class visit, please email Kristie Gonzalez at email@example.com or call 1-978-927-1064 ext. 115.
Contact Kristie Gonzalez, Director of Admission, 978-927-1064 x115